A2LA WorkPlace Training Course Policies
Thank you for registering for a course through A2LA WorkPlace Training (AWPT). We believe this will be a value-added experience for you and we always encourage your feedback. AWPT has tailored the following policies to ensure your journey is successful. Please read on for information regarding policies on registration, payment, cancelation, health and safety, communication, and your participation.
Registration & Confirmation Policy
Registration & Deadlines
Your seat in an AWPT course is not confirmed until registration is complete, and payment is received in full prior to the course start date. See below for course format registration deadlines.
To reserve a course seat you must register through our event management registration page or speak with one of our staff members (301-644-3235).
During the registration process you may grant or deny AWPT permission to communicate with you about the course(s) via email.
By selecting “Opt-Out”, you will not receive the following:
AWPT is not responsible for any fees incurred due to a lack of received communication(s) related to the course.
Payment in U.S. dollars is due in full at time of registration. Credit cards are the preferred method of payment. If you are unable to pay with a credit card, you may select the “special payment” option during registration, or contact AWPT at 301-644-3235, or email finance@A2LAWPT.org. AWPT does accept other forms of payment:
Health & Safety
AWPT places a high priority on the safety and well-being of those attending our in-person (public and contract) training classes. Participants are encouraged to review the CDC, state government, municipality and hotel/venue requirements for travel and proper safety recommendations.
SARS CoV-2 Special Requirements
30-days prior to class commencement AWPT will confirm the venue health and safety guidelines as part of our course communication. This confirmation is repeated one week prior to class (see “Opt-Out” Communication section above). Requirements are subject to change.
- Attendees must complete a short survey upon arrival attesting to the current condition of their health and potential exposure to SARS CoV-2.
- Temperatures will be taken each morning at check-in before class begins.
- Masks should be worn when indoors but are not required provided the 6 ft. social distancing requirements are met. If anyone arrives without a mask, one will be provided upon request unless a participant has a medically indicated reason for not being able to wear a mask.
- Classrooms will be set with one seat per 6 ft table with 7 to 8 ft between people. Classes are limited to a maximum of ten (10) in-person participants.
- All frequently touched hard surfaces in the classroom will be disinfected before class begins, during the lunch break, and again at the end of the day. Hand sanitizer stations will be located outside of the meeting room.
- Lunch will not be provided. Depending upon the venue restaurants are typically within walking distance from the facility. To properly disinfect the classroom, all participants must leave the meeting space during the lunch break.
- Should any participant present symptoms during their training class, the participant must notify the instructor immediately and contact their employer. The participant will not be permitted to return to the class but will be able to reschedule for a class in the future.
Attendance & Participation
AWPT will confirm attendance at the beginning of each session or day, depending upon delivery method (in-person public or virtual). Certificates of participation with corresponding continuing education units (CEUs) or learner education units (LEUs), as applicable, will be issued only to those who:
- Are present ≥90% of the instructor contact time; and
- Participate fully in the individual or group activities.
For all other forms of attendance and participation, only a certificate of attendance will be issued, and CEU/LEU’s will not be given or included.
Live Virtual Training platforms allows audio and other information sent or shared during the session to be recorded. By joining a virtual training session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with AWPT prior to registration for an alternative solution.
Virtual Classroom Application Testing
For virtual classroom courses, advance preparation is key to a successful event. Performing a virtual platform connection test using our Virtual Classroom Access Checklist in consultation with the learner’s IT department is strongly recommended. This will help to resolve any access, audio, or video issues due to common factors, such as company firewalls and internet bandwidth prior to your learning event. See also our Tips for a Better Virtual Classroom Experience.
AWPT is not responsible for class time missed due to learner system technical issues.
Cancelation & Course Changes
Learner Cancelation – Public Training
To cancel or reschedule a confirmed training please submit written notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If registrants prefer to change their registration to another date or a different location, participation must be completed within the calendar year. If the course is not completed within the calendar year, refunds will be forfeited.
- If registrants are unable to attend a registered class, they may request to substitute a colleague in place to avoid potential cancelation fees. The registrant must request this change at training@A2LAWPT.org at least one (1) business day prior to course commencement.
- In general, make-up sessions for virtual courses are not provided for learners that fail to attend all or part of the course. However, if AWPT is unable to conduct all or part of the course, a makeup session will be offered.
- We understand that in addition to Federal, state, and local restrictions, many organizations have imposed travel restrictions. Should any registrant find themselves unable to attend resulting from COVID-19 pandemic-related restrictions, the registrant may transfer to a future class or request a full refund.
Learner Cancellation – Contract Training
If AWPT receives written notice via email of cancellation or a request to reschedule, the refund policy is as follows:
*If cancelation is due to inclement weather or natural disaster, please follow AWPT’s cancelation below.
AWPT reserves the right to cancel any training course, typically at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Registrants will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees. Your refund will be given in the same method that you submitted payment.*
INCLEMENT WEATHER DELAYS, EARLY DISMISSALS AND CANCELATIONS
AWPT is committed to the safety and security of its students and staff. As such, the decision to cancel classes, close the training facility, and/or cancel or delay AWPT courses is based on the overall concern for the wellbeing of all event participants. If a training class is canceled due to inclement weather, the customer is entitled to transfer their registration into a future training course at no additional cost or receive a full course refund. Your refund will be given using the same method that payment was received.*
Should inclement weather conditions arise or be anticipated that would make in-person class attendance unsafe, AWPT may elect to cancel, delay, or dismiss the class early.
- If cancelation or delay action is made prior to the start of a course, students will be notified via phone and email that they provided during registration.
- If a course is already in session and any early dismissal action is deemed necessary, students and instructors will be released from all classes and may leave the training facility at that time.
Sometimes AWPT may have to relocate in-person training to a new venue due to unforeseen circumstances. Class registrants will be notified as early as possible, via the phone number and/or email address provided during the registration process. It is important that complete and accurate contact information is provided during the registration process, along with permission to contact you if issues should arise (selecting opt-out during registration will prohibit us from communicating with you). AWPT is not responsible for any costs or issues incurred by registrant for not providing the correct contact information and communication permission.
*Please note that credit card refund processing may take up to seven (7) business days to post to online banking records.