Understanding ISO/IEC 17065:2012 for Product Certifiers
This course provides the participant with a comprehensive look at the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065, regardless of the certification scheme being operated. Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions about the guidance offered by ISO/IEC 17065 to assist in the creation and maintenance of a certification scheme.
A legal, authorized copy of the ISO/IEC 17065:2012 standard will be provided to each participant.
There is no prerequisite for this course. However, some familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025, 17020, and/or 17021-1 may be helpful.
Target learners include Certification Body Directors, Managers, Auditors, or Staff.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records required;
2. Recognize and summarize the differences between the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) and IAF Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA), and how these international agreements affect accredited product certifiers;
3. Discuss how certification schemes provide different frameworks for product certifier operations;
4. Model the steps in the certification process; and
5. Analyze a product certification scheme and determine the specific requirements placed on a product certification body.
1.4 CEUs, 16 Training Hours
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
A training copy of the ISO/IEC 17065:2012 standard will be provided to each participant.
Participants should bring their own copy of the ISO/IEC 17067:2013 standard..
* A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
May 2, 2023 – May 5, 2023
Instructor: Jonathan Fuhrman
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM