Understanding ISO 20387:2018 General Requirements for Biobanking
During this course, the participant will gain an understanding of ISO 20387 through discussion, evaluation, and practical application of the requirements for competent biobank operation and provision of quality biological material/associated data for research and development purposes.
This instructor-led course allows learners to attend in-person or online where everyone participates in live discussion and group activities.
None, however familiarity with biobanking practices is recommended.
Biobanking Laboratory Directors, Managers, Auditors, Scientists, or Technicians
During this training event, the participant will:
- Types of biobanking activities
- “Keywords” leading to a document, record, or action
- Risks to data management
- Quality management system components
- Key terms
- Types of governance bodies
- Biobanking funding strategies
- Critical equipment
- Validation and verification
- Process requirements
- Competence & training requirements
- Criteria for internal and external biobanking products & services
- Life cycle workflow
- Metrological traceability
- A vertical audit on various biobanking activities (collection, reception, distribution, transport, traceability, preparation, storage, quality control)
A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.