Leading an Effective ISO/IEC 17025 Audit Team (AUD 201W)
This ISO/IEC 17025 training course will introduce participants to internal audit philosophies and applying the auditing techniques of ISO 19011 to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 with a focus on leading an audit team. The participant will receive hands-on ISO/IEC 17025 auditor training. The training includes reviewing ISO/IEC 17025 conformant systems using scenarios common to testing and calibration laboratories.
This virtual instructor-led course will be conducted online. On the right side of the page you will see the dates and times available for this course, each with an individual registration link. Learners will attend using a virtual learning program and will participate in live discussion and activities. A webcam and headset with microphone are required. Details about how to log into the virtual learning program will be provided after your registration is complete.
MS 111 – Understanding ISO/IEC 17025:2017 or a strong familiarity with this standard.
Laboratory Managers, Lead Auditors, or Auditors
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. From memory, describe the steps required for an internal audit;
2. Apply the guidance in ISO/IEC 19011 to design an effective audit program;
3. Relate the benefits and drawbacks of various types of audit plans and methods;
4. Given a copy of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and a series of sample management system documents and records and audit findings, complete the following:
a. establish the context of an audit,
b. perform a document review and identify amplifying questions to demonstrate system conformance, and
c. construct an effective audit plan
5. Practice the skills for effective information gathering;
6. Given several scenarios and mock events, evaluate the applications of ISO/IEC 17025 and competency of internal auditors; and
7. Assemble, present, and defend clear audit findings based on presented scenarios
2.1 CEUs Awarded*
This course includes a graded exam at the end of the course. A passing score of 70% is required.