ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for Cannabis Testing Laboratories (MS 113)
Throughout this course participants from the cannabis industry, (e.g. growers, regulators, testing laboratories) will learn how and why the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard applies to them and how accreditation improves the visibility, creditability, and safety of the cannabis industry. This course is presented for the benefit of all industry stakeholders, however, its basis is for application in cannabis testing facilities.
Target learners include Cannabis Testing Laboratory Directors, Managers, Auditors, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the process-based approach of the Standard;
2. Explain new concepts in 17025:2017 such as:
a. Continual Improvement (using PDCA and KPIs);
b. Verification and Validation;
c. Decision Rules;
d. Principles of Impartiality; and
e. Risk Based Thinking
3. Analyze scenarios to identify non-conformities, risks, and opportunities related to the new requirements in the standard;
4. Analyze sample calibration records to demonstrate metrological traceability; and
5. List the areas where documents and records are required under the new Standard.
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
The course materials will be presented in an interactive lecture style (50%), as well by using application exercises and role playing (50%).
A legal, authorized copy of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard will be provided to each participant.
* A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
October 14, 2020 – October 15, 2020
Courtyard By Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard
1001 Intrepid Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19112
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM