Understanding ISO 15189:2012 & CLIA Requirements for Medical Laboratories (MS 170)
During this ISO 15189 training course, the participant will gain an understanding of the ISO 15189 and CLIA requirements as well as the benefits through discussion, interactive exercises, and lecture. The participant will also be introduced to a new risk-based initiative recently introduced by CMS: The IQCP, or Individualized Quality Control Plan.
Target learners include Clinical Testing Laboratory Directors, Managers, Auditors, Scientists, or Technicians.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify Documents and Records required by the Standard and CLIA
2. Implement actionable clauses
3. Design and apply a risk management system
4. Recognize how and when to implement an IQCP
5. Describe the benefits of the standard in conjunction with CLIA requirements
2.1 CEUs*, 21 Training Hours
This course will use lecture, discussion and interactive exercises.
A legal, authorized copy of the ISO 15189 standard and the CLIA Requirements Document will be provided to each participant.
* A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
September 18, 2023 – September 21, 2023
Instructor: Heidi Phillips
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM