Understanding ISO/IEC 17065:2012 for Product Certifiers (MS 160)
This course provides the participant with a comprehensive look at the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065, regardless of the certification scheme being operated. Additionall,y participants will have the opportunity to ask questions about the guidance offered by ISO/IEC 17065 to assist in the creation and maintenance of a certification scheme.
A legal, authorized copy of the ISO/IEC 17065:2012 standard will be provided to each participant.
- Course introduction.
- The A2LA accreditation process.
- Discussion of International Recognition Agreements related to Certification Bodies.
- Certification process overview.
- Requirements for operating a certification body (in-depth, clause-by-clause discussion of the ISO/IEC 17065 standard).
- Guidelines for creating and maintaining a certification scheme.
There is no prerequisite for this course. However, some familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025, 17020, and/or 17021-1 may be helpful.
Target learners include Certification Body Directors, Managers, Auditors, or Staff.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records required;
2. Recognize and summarize the differences between the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) and IAF Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA), and how these international agreements affect accredited product certifiers;
3. Discuss how certification schemes provide different frameworks for product certifier operations;
4. Model the steps in the certification process; and
5. Analyze a product certification scheme and determine the specific requirements placed on a product certification body.
1.0 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
ISO/IEC 17065:2012- Requirements for Bodies Certifying Products, Processes and Services.
ISO/IEC 17067:2013-Fundamentals of Product Certification and Guidelines for Product Certification Schemes.
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.