Understanding ISO/IEC 17043:2010 and Statistical Analysis for Proficiency Testing Providers (MS 140)
This course provides the participant with a comprehensive look at Proficiency Testing (PT), including the design and operation of PT schemes, statistical methods, reporting, and interpretation. The participant will gain an understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043 and ISO 13528, and will be presented with tools for basic statistical design and data analysis.
A legal, authorized copy of ISO/IEC 17043 and ISO 13528 standards will be provided to each participant.
- Definitions from ISO/IEC 17043.
- Types of proficiency testing.
- Various standards and guides for PT.
- Management system requirements.
- Design of PT schemes.
- Preparation of PT items.
- Statistics for PT.
- Interpretation of results for participants, accreditation bodies and other interested parties.
- A2LA Accreditation process and benefits,
- National and international practices.
Expertise in a technical field of measurement where Proficiency Testing is used or needed.
Proficiency testing providers considering accreditation to ISO requirements, or seeking a better understanding of the basic requirements for PT and process improvement; Accreditation Bodies; Assessors.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records required;
2. Categorize scenarios as “proficiency testing” or “other” using the ISO standard definition;
3. Practice statistical methodologies for designing and analyzing a proficiency testing scheme;
4. Analyze sample reports for conformity to ISO requirements; and
5. Build an optimal statistical design for the objectives of a Proficiency Testing scheme.
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
Hands-on exercises using Microsoft Excel. Please bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet program loaded in the computer for an interactive workshop.
ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity Assessment - General Requirements for Proficiency Testing
ISO 13528:2015 Statistical Methods for Use in Proficiency Testing by Interlaboratory Comparison
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
October 19, 2020 – October 20, 2020
A2LA WorkPlace Training
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM