Understanding ISO/IEC 17043:2010 and Statistical Analysis for Proficiency Testing Providers
This course provides the participant with a comprehensive look at Proficiency Testing (PT), including the design and operation of PT schemes, statistical methods, reporting, and interpretation. The participant will gain an understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043 and ISO 13528, and will be presented with tools for basic statistical design and data analysis.
A legal, authorized copy of ISO/IEC 17043 and ISO 13528 standards will be provided to each participant.
Expertise in a technical field of measurement where Proficiency Testing is used or needed.
Proficiency testing providers considering accreditation to ISO requirements, or seeking a better understanding of the basic requirements for PT and process improvement; Accreditation Bodies; Assessors.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records required;
2. Categorize scenarios as “proficiency testing” or “other” using the ISO standard definition;
3. Practice statistical methodologies for designing and analyzing a proficiency testing scheme;
4. Analyze sample reports for conformity to ISO requirements; and
5. Build an optimal statistical design for the objectives of a Proficiency Testing scheme.
1.4 CEUs*, 16 Training Hours
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
Hands-on exercises using Microsoft Excel. Please bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet program loaded in the computer for an interactive workshop.
A training copy of the ISO/IEC 17043:2010 standard will be provided to each participant.
Participants should bring their own copy of the ISO 13528 standard.
* A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
July 18, 2023 – July 21, 2023
Instructor: Kelly Black
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM