Leading an Effective ISO/IEC 17025 Audit Team (AUD 201B)
This is a blended learning course that begins with a focus on the ISO/IEC 17025 standard requirements in an e-learning course completed online at the learner’s own pace. Live instruction follows with an introduction of internal audit philosophies and applying the auditing techniques of ISO 19011 to the requirements of ISO/EIC 17025. The participant will receive hand-on training as an internal auditor reviewing ISO/IEC 17025 conformant systems using scenarios common to testing and calibration laboratories.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. From memory, describe the steps required for an internal audit;
2. Apply the guidance in ISO/IEC 19011 to design an effective audit program;
3. Relate the benefits and drawbacks of various types of audit plans and methods;
4. Given a copy of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and a series of sample management system documents and records and audit findings, complete the following:
a. establish the context of an audit,
b. perform a document review and identify amplifying questions to demonstrate system conformance, and
c. construct an effective audit plan
5. Practice the skills for effective information gathering;
6. Given several scenarios and mock events, evaluate the applications of ISO/IEC 17025 and competency of internal auditors; and
7. Assemble, present, and defend clear audit findings based on presented scenarios
2.8 CEUs Awarded*
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
This course includes a graded exam at the end of the course. A passing score of 70% is required.
A copy of the ISO 19011:2018 standard will be provided to each attendee and is considered a legal copy for the attendee to take home.
Copies of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 are not distributed during this course, but attendees are encouraged to bring their own copy for reference.