Effective Training Strategies (TRN 101)
This course provides guidance for designing and implementing training that is effective for adult learners. This course demonstrates the use of several training tools and techniques such as Blooms Taxonomy, Kirkpatrick, SAM and ADDIE, etc., that a manager or trainer might apply with their audience.
Participants are to bring an existing or planned training presentation for use during the course.
Laboratory quality or technical managers and trainers.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Evaluate whether formal training is needed;
2. Write effective learning objectives;
3. Identify appropriate training goals to meet defined objectives;
4. Devise a process for staff accountability of training to a supervisor;
5. Plan an environment conducive for learning;
6. Create suitable learning activities; and
7. Identify learning assessment techniques
0.7 CEUs Awarded*
*A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Lecture, discussion, group exercises, and solo presentations.
Hands-on exercises provide a practical approach that enables you to apply the methods learned during and after the workshop. Several tools are provided for you to implement. You will present a portion of the training materials brought with you to the group.
Please bring a laptop with Microsoft Powerpoint and Word included and your own training presentation on a memory stick for a truly interactive workshop.