Applied Measurement Uncertainty for Testing Laboratories (EMU 201W)
During this workshop, the participant will be introduced to several tools and techniques that can be applied in the testing laboratory environment to efficiently and effectively create measurement uncertainty budgets which comply with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements. The tools presented are generic in nature such that they may be applied in a variety of testing laboratories.
This virtual instructor-led course will be conducted online. On the right side of the page you will see the dates and times available for this course, each with an individual registration link. Learners will attend using a virtual learning program called Adobe Connect, and will participate in live discussion and activities. A webcam and microphone are required. Details about how to long into Adobe Connect will be provided after your registration is complete.
- Successful completion of A2LA WPT's Introduction to Measurement Uncertainty (EMU 101) course, OR have working knowledge of mathematics and statistics (such as root sum squares and statistical distributions);
- Be proficient in spreadsheet use; and
- Be working in a testing laboratory with test methods requiring measurement uncertainty estimates
The participant will need a laptop computer (PC or MAC) with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed. Please note that the tablet and smart phone versions of Excel and other spreadsheets do not have the full functionality of the PC versions and the participant may not be able to utilize all the power of the spreadsheet covered during the training.
Target learners include Testing Laboratory Managers, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the concepts within the Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty of Measurement (The GUM);
2. List and define the contributors for testing laboratory Type ‘A’ and Type ‘B’ measurement uncertainty distributions;
3. Determine how contributors are considered for inclusion in the uncertainty budget; and
4. Build a basic Test Measurement Uncertainty Budget.
1.4 CEUs Awarded
A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
August 10, 2020 – August 13, 2020
September 23, 2020 – September 24, 2020
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM