Introduction to Measurement and Calibration (MET 101-E)
Laboratory Managers, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians
This self-directed online course is an overview of measurement and calibration principles, starting with the purpose of metrology and the concepts associated with accuracy, error, bias and measurement uncertainty. It progresses through the understanding of the hierarchy of measurement standards, managing metrology systems, applying principles to produce good measurements, and introducing key units of measure and measurement instruments.
- Development and Concerns of Metrology
- Standards and Standardization
- Managing the Metrology System
- Making Good Measurements: Elements
of a Measurement System
- Units and Measurement Instruments
This e-learning course requires internet access to complete.