Understanding ISO/IEC 17025 and AOAC Food Program Guidelines (MS 112)
This course focuses on the application of the 17025 requirements and the AOAC INTERNATIONAL Guidelines for Laboratories Performing Microbiological and Chemical Analyses of Food, Dietary Supplements Requirements, in an accredited food testing laboratory setting.
None, although familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and/or the previous version of the AOAC program requirements may be beneficial
Laboratory management and quality personnel in a food-testing laboratory.
Target learners include Food/Pharmaceutical Laboratory Directors, Managers, Auditors, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the process-based approach of the Standard;
2. Explain new concepts in 17025:2017 such as:
a. Continual Improvement (using PDCA and KPIs);
b. Verification and Validation;
c. Decision Rules;
d. Principles of Impartiality; and
e. Risk Based Thinking
3. Analyze scenarios to identify non-conformities, risks, and opportunities related to the new requirements in the standard;
4. Analyze sample calibration records to demonstrate metrological traceability;
5. List the areas where Documents and Records are required under the new Standard; and
6. Describe the specific calibration and verification requirements of the AOAC Program
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
The course materials will be presented in an interactive lecture style (50%), as well by using application exercises and role playing (50%).
Equipment/Materials: A legal, authorized copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard and AOAC Program Requirements document will be provided to each participant.
* A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
November 3, 2020 – November 4, 2020
A2LA WorkPlace Training
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM