Understanding ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (MS 111W)
This course is a comprehensive review of the philosophies and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The participant will gain an understanding of conformity assessment using the risks and opportunities-based approach.
This virtual instructor-led course will be conducted online. On the right side of the page you will see the dates and times available for this course, each with an individual registration link. Learners will attend using a virtual learning program called Adobe Connect, and will participate in live discussion and activities. A webcam and microphone are required. Details about how to long into Adobe Connect will be provided after your registration is complete.
Testing/Calibration Laboratory Directors, Managers, Auditors, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the process-based approach of the standard;
2. Explain new concepts in ISO/IEC 17025 such as:
- Continuous Improvement (using PDCA and KPIs);
- Verification and Validation;
- Decision Rules;
- Principles of Impartiality; and
- Risk-Based Thinking
3. Analyze scenarios to identify non-conformities, risks, and opportunities related to the new requirements in the standard;
4. Analyze sample calibration records to demonstrate metrological traceability; and
5. List the areas where documents and records are required under the new standard.
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
August 5, 2020 – August 6, 2020
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
September 28, 2020 – October 1, 2020