Understanding ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for Testing & Calibration Laboratories
This course is a comprehensive review of the philosophies and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The participant will gain an understanding of conformity assessment using the risks and opportunities-based approach.
- This instructor-led course is offered both in-person and online. On the right side of the page, you will see the dates and times available for this course, each with an individual registration link. Learners will participate in live presentation, discussion, and hands-on activities.
- AWPT classes are interactive, participants should have a webcam on their computer as well as a microphone and speakers/headset in order to fully participate.
- This course is presented using lecture, discussion, examples, and interactive exercises.
- A pre-test is required prior to class attendance and a post-test is the final course activity after live instruction has concluded.
Fundamental quality concepts are strongly recommended. See also MS 050 – Quality Fundamentals.
Testing/Calibration Laboratory Directors, Managers, Auditors, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians
Using the resources provided, you will, by the end of this course and to at least 70% accuracy, perform the following:
- The requirements of 17025.
- Clauses related to documents and records.
- 17025 for reporting results.
- An affinity diagram for risk analysis.
- Learner materials for a course pre- and post-test.
- Competence requirements for a lab technician.
- Decision Rules.
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
Participants’ webcams must be turned on for the entire duration of the class in order to receive CEUs.* A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Equipment/Materials: A training copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard will be provided to each participant.
The live, virtual session requires a computer with internet access, a video camera, and headset with microphone.
July 12, 2021 – July 13, 2021
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
September 13, 2021 – September 16, 2021
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM