Implementing an Effective Nonconforming Work Program
The course provides participants with tools to identify, rank, and respond to nonconformances efficiently and effectively in their organizations. Using examples provided, participants will work from nonconforming work identification through ensuring corrective action effectiveness using risk-based principles. Participants will identify and analyze non-conforming scenarios using a few key techniques and will practice using a couple of cause analysis and corrective action selection processes to support process improvement.
This course supplements and is supplemented by the “Managing Risk in Your Organization” course also offered by AWPT. When combined with robust understanding of any quality management system standards, these courses should equip a participant to excel at preventing most common nonconformities and effectively reacting to those few incidences which “slip through the cracks” of their organization’s management systems.
- Attendees should have a basic understanding of ISO management system requirements, especially those for handling nonconforming work and corrective actions, and have a basic understanding of process improvement concepts.
- It might be beneficial for attendees to also attend, or have attended, AWPT’s “Managing Risk in Your Organization" course, which presents a proactive view on preventing nonconformities. This course only provides a reactive response perspective.
Target participants include anyone who is responsible for evaluating, correcting, or implementing corrective actions because of work that did not conform to expected requirements.
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Define when nonconforming work is “nonconforming”
2. Establish risk levels based upon the types of possible nonconforming work
3. Determine when work should be stopped and resumed
4. Differentiate between corrections and corrective actions
5. Apply appropriate tools for cause analysis
6. Evaluate and select potential corrective actions
7. Set objectives for monitoring effectiveness of implemented corrective actions
0.7 CEUs*, 8 Training Hours
* A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.