Improving the Corrective Action Process (AUD 103)
The course provides participants with tools to react more successfully to non-conforming events in their organizations. Participants will idenitfy and analyze non-conforming scenarios using a variety of techniques and will practice using various cause analysis and corrective action selection processes to support process improvement.
This course supplements, and is supplemented by, the “Managing Risk in Laboratory Processes” course also offered by A2LA WPT. When combined with robust understanding of ISO/IEC conformity assessment standards, these three courses should allow an attendee to excel at preventing most common non-conformities and effectively reacting to those few incidence which “slip through the cracks” of their organization’s management systems.
- Attendees should have familiarity with ISO/IEC reuqirements, especially those for handling non-conforming work and corrective actions and have a basic understanding of process improvement concepts.
- It might be beneficial for attendees to also attend, or have attended, A2LA WPT’s “Managing Risk in Laboratory Processes" course (AUD 101), which presents a proactive view on preventing non-conformities, while this course provides a reactive view.
Target learners include Laboratory Managers, Auditors, or Technicians.
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Differentiate between corrections and corrective actions;
2. Implement steps for carrying out effective cause analysis;
3. Select from and apply various tools that support cause analysis;
4. Support and critique cause-analyses carried out by others; and
5. Implement and monitor appropriate corrective actions
0.6 CEUs Awarded*
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
December 12, 2019
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
March 6, 2020
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM