ISO/IEC 17025:2017 The New Standard for Laboratory Competence (MS 111)
This course is a comprehensive review of the philosophies and requirements of this international Standard. The participant will gain an understanding of conformity assessment using the risks and opportunities-based approach.
- Course Introduction
- Registration vs. Accreditation vs. Certification
- Mutual Recognition Arrangements
- Requirements from the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Standard:
- New Definitions and Concepts
- Impartiality and Confidentiality
- Organizational and Management Structure
- Personnel and Measurement Resources (competence, facilities, and equipment)
- Laboratory Processes using the PDCA model (customer work requests through to final report/certificate delivery)
- Management System (document and record control, internal audits and management reviews, and handling and prevention of non-conforming work events)
- Advertising accreditation status and Reporting accredited results
- Traceability requirements for measurement equipment
- Participation in proficiency testing
None Required. Familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 might prove beneficial, but this course is designed to teach participants with no previous conformity assessment experience.
Laboratory personnel responsible for the daily implementation of an ISO/IEC 17025 conformant management system.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the process-based approach of the Standard;
2. Explain new concepts in 17025:2017 such as:
- Continual Improvement (using PDCA and KPIs);
- Verification and Validation;
- Decision Rules;
- Principles of Impartiality; and
- Risk Based Thinking
3. Analyze scenarios to identify non-conformities, risks, and opportunities related to the new requirements in the standard;
4. Analyze sample calibration records to demonstrate metrological traceability; and
5. List the areas where Documents and Records are required under the new Standard.
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
The course materials are presented using a combination of interactive discussions and lectures supplemented with individual and group exercises and role-playing scenarios. A Student Journal is provided to complete exercises, take notes, and document ideas the student can implement in its laboratory.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
December 9, 2019 – December 10, 2019
MicroTek - Houston
11490 Westheimer Road, Suite 600,
Houston, TX 77077
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Additional Location Info:
Hotel information: https://www.mclabs.com/room-rentals/microtek-houston/
December 16, 2019 – December 17, 2019
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM