Evaluating Continuous Improvement Efforts using Measurement Systems Analysis
This course provides the participant with essential tools to be efficient in laboratory operations, including making continual measurement process improvements in the calibration and testing environment. Industry-proven Statistical tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), False Accept Risk, Hypothesis Testing and others are covered.
The participant will need to bring a laptop computer (PC or MAC) with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed. Please note that the tablet and smart phone versions of Excel and other spreadsheets do not have the full functionality of the PC versions and the participant may not be able to utilize all the power of the spreadsheet covered during the training.
Participants should be:
- familiar with statistical functions in spreadsheets, and
- able to apply basic measurement uncertainty evaluation/estimation principles (Introduction to Measurement Uncertainty EMU 101)
Laboratory Managers, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Apply tools and techniques learned during the course to their measurement processes;
2. Employ the statistical capability of spreadsheet applications;
3. Identify and utilize supplemental tools for determining Type A measurement uncertainty (Repeatability and Reproducibility); and
4. Demonstrate techniques for calibration interval analysis and other improvements to the measurement process.
1.4 LEUs Awarded*
*A2LA WorkPlace Training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.