Managing Risk in Laboratory Processes (AUD 101)
This course introduces the participants to risk-based thinking from an international standards perspective. The participant will learn risk concepts from ISO 31000 and ISO 9000 and become familiar with industry tools used to assess and manage risk in the ISO conformity assessment arena.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- From memory, identify and describe the three components identified in ISO/IEC 17025:2017 that drive customer confidence.
- Given a diagram of the Process Approach, describe the components
- Define Risk
- Describe the 3 components for risk assessment
- Identify the 4 phases of risk management
- Given various tools for identifying and evaluating risk, apply the tools under given scenarios
0.7 CEUs Awarded*
Equipment/materials: Participants should bring laptops with spreadsheet application, such as Excel.
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.